Hey ladies!!! Tonight's blog post is coming to you from Cancun, Mexico! We are here celebrating Lexi's GRadUAtIOn!!! Hip, Hip, Horray!! I will be sharing all of our trip details soon! Stay tuned!
Tonight, I am going to share our family favorite SALSA recipe. My entire family LOVES Mexican Cuisine. I could take it or leave it...I know, don't judge! But, one thing I do love is a good salsa. I have searched high and low for the best salsa recipe and we have it down to a science. We do a tomato garden just so we can make this salsa frequently!
We eat this on everything: from tacos, to taco salad, to baked potatoes, to nachos. My favorite way is with THIN and CRISPY Tortilla Chips.
Harrison Family Fave Salsa
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 10
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Grill on open flame tomatoes, onion and jalapeno pepper.
- Remove when slightly chared and tomatoes soften and split.
- Remove from grill and let cool.
- Drain accumulated liquid.
- Remove stems from jalapenos and end core ends of tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes, onions, jalapeno pepper, and all remaining ingredients into blender.
- Blend until desired consistancy (approx 10 seconds).
- Pour into container and chill.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite chips.
Our Favorite Chips (we get at Martin's in Effingham)