Last Friday, Elizabeth and I were asked to speak at a Conference for the Staff of CEFS Head Start. It was so much fun! In our class we covered everything from “Simplified Dress” to “Makeup in 2 Minutes”. We loved it and we were honored to have been asked by Nicole Gardewine. Many of the ladies from our classes have asked us to give an outline of the things we talked about. Each class was only 30 minutes, so it was hard to fit it all in…so we talked even faster than normal! Lol! Anyway, I decided I would just share the information with all of you. I hope you find it useful! If you have ANY QUESTIONS about the things I talk about, please contact me, I would love to answer your questions.
What Every Woman Must Have In Her Wardrobe
- A Good Bra - This is #1. Ladies go get properly fitted for a bra, and I may get a lot of negative feedback from this comment, but I’m going to say it anyway…Don’t use Victoria Secret for a fitting if you are “Doubly Blessed”. Go somewhere that specializes in Bras for Large Chests, such as Ann’s Bra Shop or Nordstrom. I would actually say this for any size of breasts, but I will most definitely say it for the “Well Endowed”. The Neal Ladies (my mom’s side) are all very “Well Blessed” and I came out of the womb knowing the importance of a good bra, plus my Aunt Patti and Grandma Georgia preached it. My Aunt Patti once told me it didn’t matter if I didn’t have money for groceries, save it for a good bra fitting and BUY THE GOOD BRA! So I do, and it makes a world of difference. Please do the same.
My Fave – Wacoal Retro Bra ( what I wear everyday and have for years)
- Good Panties! Ones that stay put!
My Fave – Soma Panties that stay put! Even have one with a slight Tummy Tuck.
- Shapewear – I have preached this forever and ever, but still not sure everyone has heard me. You should wear a good Shaper Tank under everything; it smoothes and helps your clothes lay better. A good pair of “Shaper” Leggings is also a must for Simplified Dressing.
Makeup Tips –For Getting Ready Fast (not a full face)
- Moisturize those faces ladies! I do a lot of faces and one of the main things I see over and over is lack of hydration in the face, which causes makeup to settle in the fine lines.
My Faves (I’m only referring to Daytime Routine)
~For Eyes – Jojoba Oil
~For Face and Neck –Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream (I use the pink one for dry skin but green is good for normal skin)
- Primer – prime those faces! This makes a great canvas to put your makeup on for that airbrushed/flawless look.
~Drugstore – Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
~Higher End – Benefit POREfessional Face Primer
- Makeup (I’m always testing and trying, so this can change and change often)
*Concealer (USE THIS!!!)
~Drugstore –Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment or Rimmel Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer (use light ones)
~Higher End – MAC Studio Finish Concealer (full coverage), Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit, Benefit Fake Up
~Drugstore – CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara and LashBlast Volume both in Black
~Higher End – Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
*Face Powder (to use as your foundation – speeds process up in mornings)
~Drugstore – L’Oreal True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation, L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder (N4 great for most skin tones)
~Higher End – Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup
~Drugstore – I have yet to find one I like…and I’ve tried a zillion.
~Higher End –Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in #10 Ebene, Kat Von D Ink Liner, Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Eye Pencil (I use blacks in everything)
~Drugstore – Almay Intense I-Color Liquid Eyeshadow + Primer (great for quick wear, just one color look)
~Higher End – MAC Woodwinked or Bronze (one color look for day) or Urban Decays Naked Basics for a Matte look
*Blush (do apply from APPLES OF CHEEKS upward)
~Drugstore – CoverGirl Cheekers or Milani Baked Blush (various colors)
~Higher End – MAC, Benefit, Tarte, Clinique, Bobbi Brown (all have good blush)
*Lipstick (some ladies like lipstick and some gloss, giving both options)
~Drugstore – Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick (loving the matte colors)
~Higher End – Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama (love this)
~Drugstore – Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer or Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss
~Higher End – bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss – LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
In addition to teaching classes, we also had the honor of being a part of making over one of the very deserving teachers. We worked on a team with Katie form KeraCutz (makeup) and Alexis from Foxy Styles (hair) and made over, lucky winner, Pam Pierce. She was the sweetest and easiest lady to work with. She loved everything and was so thankful for everything we did. I absolutely loved being a part and watching her transformation. She was a cutie patootie before, we just enhanced her cuteness.
Anytime we can get out and about, away from the normal life around Glamour Farms, we love it. It’s refreshing talking to others and hearing their stories…also love sharing the “useless knowledge” I know. I spend hours upon hours reading about and testing new products, glad to share my findings.
We are celebrating our "10 Days of Christmas Deals". Make sure you check everyday for what "DEAL" we have going on that day! Lots of great items each day! AND our favorite blogger, Miss Cyndi, has styled a shirt today (crazy soft shirt) that you all need for CHRISTMAS!! (Size Small-2X) Go over and read all about it www.cyndispivey.com
Love & Many Blessings,